Poseidon Undersea Resort :: Fiji
The Poseidon Undersea Resort, Mystery Island, will soon become the first hotel in the world set 40 feet underwater. Accessible by elevator and nestled in the crystal clear waters of a Fijian lagoon, Poseidon will provide you with an unimaginable view as well as incomparable luxury. This coming year, a select group of the world’s adventure travelers will have the chance to stay at the Poseidon Undersea Resort for week long visits. They will enjoy two nights underwater and four nights in the remarkable beachfront and over-water bungalows.
Poseidon Mystery Island comprises approximately 225 acres and is about a mile long. Surrounded by a 5,000 acre lagoon, it boasts pristine waters that range to 90 feet in depth, replete with abundant sea life. Just outside the lagoon, the reef plunges into an abyss, providing virgin territory to explore with their deep submersibles.
With a vast array of activities for adventurers, the Poseidon Undersea Resort is the zenith of a childhood dream. You will be able to maneuver a 1,000 ft capable, personal Triton submarine through the gorgeous tropical lagoon(pilot training included), explore the oceans depths on a 16 passenger luxury submersible, and even scuba dive in pristine waters. For those looking for something more leisurely you will find the essence of relaxation when swinging on a hammock, getting marine-focused spa treatments and meditation under the magnificent moon and starts.
For your entertainment and dining enjoyment, Poseidon offer six restaurants and seven bars, featuring the world’s largest and most elegant undersea restaurant/lounge and a unique towering treetop bar, a dive shop, water sports center and retail boutique. Also available to guests are an underwater library/lounge, theater area, conference room/wedding chapel, nine-hole golf course, tennis courts, magnificent swimming pool and health club.
Poseidon Undersea Resort offers 3 types of accommodations that each guest will experience during the stay; one above ground with a private beach, one over water and one below the ocean’s surface. Guests will be given the opportunity to explore each comfortable, intimate world during the course of their stay. The undersea suites, overwater villas and island bungalows include:
- King size bed covered with Scandinavian down duvets, plush pillows and high thread-count linens
- Sitting room featuring library and personal office with voice/data access, wifi and high speed internet connections and multi-line phones
- Large high-defenition flat screen television, CD/DVD player, satellite radio with surround sound
- In-room refrigerators stocked with gourmet snacks, champagnes, wines, premium alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and juices
- Rich marble bathrooms with large Jacuzzi tub, 2 sinks, hydro-spa shower, plush towels, bathrobes, natural loofah sponges, hairdryers and a selection of marine-influenced beauty products
If you are interested in a Poseidon Undersea Resort adventure you should visit their website and register to be informed when they start taking reservations.
|Frommer's Fiji (Frommer's Complete Guides)|
|Retail Price: $18.99|
|Amazon Price: $23.00|